Creating Glue Crawler
Create Glue Crawler
- Go to AWS Management Console
- Find AWS Glue
- Select AWS Glue
- In the AWS Glue interface
- Select Create Crawler
- In the Add crawler interface
- Crawler name, enter
- Select Next
- For Add data source
- Select S3 path via Browse. You choose the path.
- Select Crawl new sub-folders only
- Select Add an S3 data source
- After adding data source, select Next.
- For IAM role
- You can create a new role yourself by selecting Create new IAM role
- Or choose the prepared role.
- Then select Next
- For Target database. You execute Add database
- Create a database by:
- Enter database name:
- Select Create database
- After creating the database, select the database and select Next
- Check the configuration again and select Create crawler
- Create Crawler successfully. Then you choose Run crawler
- It takes about 1 minute to initialize the Crawler run.
- Initialization of Run crawler is successful.
- After initialization for some time Crawler goes to Stopping state
- When you see the crawler status at Ready
- Select Table in AWS Glue interface, we will see there are 2 data tables.
- You choose the data table raw
- Explore data table details.